TRAINING SUSPENDED FOR 4 WEEKS – 18.3.2020
This an update regarding the Healesville Soccer Club season this year in respect to the Covid-19 outbreak and cancellations in other sporting areas. On March 17, Australian soccer’s governing body , FFA , announced a suspension of all games and training activities for 4 weeks until April 14. In addition the VCFA league, in which HSC is playing this year, has put out a notice which can be read here, postponing the commencement of the 2020 season at least until after the Easter long weekend.
HSC appreciates the guidance from these organisations as well as government recommendations and has made the decision to cancel all outdoor soccer training for the next 4 weeks.
We are a small community and understand the passion that our kids have for the sport, and whilst we are all deeply concerned by recent developments, we are also mindful that a sense of calm and quick resolution of the current situation is something we all hope for. It is hard to know what the future
holds, but rest assured no matter what happens, the committee will continue to stay abreast of all developments and will keep our members and supporters updated as the situation changes.
Until we have a better understanding as to how this season may play out, we believe that it is appropriate at this stage to refund any season fees that have been paid and will be in touch with those of you who have already paid fees.
In the meantime, if you have any queries, or would like to share your thoughts, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call one of our committee members as below.
Bruce Dyson 0417 130 667 (President & Club Sponsorship enquiries)
Suzanne Tyzack 0411 114 564 (Vice President)
Christine Vine 0417 481 797 (Secretary